A blog about mundane activities and what songs to do them to!
Our Updates:
Our updates: (Gaetano- Sundays) (Jenna- Tuesdays) (Rachel- Thursdays)
Thursday, October 31, 2013
"And I Will Try to Fix You"
Happy Halloween fellow bloggers! I hope you all are enjoying one of the greatest holidays of the year. If you end up at my house, I’ll be answering the door dressed as a lazy college student who has too many papers to write … ugh.
Today we will be talking about being sad, and the songs that will make you feel less miserable! Has someone recently gut punched you in the heart? Cheated on you? Called you fat? Not answer your text? Well I’m sure you’re feeling pretty lousy. But let me tell you, that jar of Nutella you’re currently swallowing by the hand full will only help you for about five minutes. You know what would help you? Setting fire to your ex—ha ha just kidding. Listening to music is of course the answer to this question … and actually most questions. So, what song should you be listening to while you hold your pillow and sob? “Fix you” by Coldplay is my pick for this.
In the most artistic way I can break down this song, it’s kind of like the stages of being sad. It starts with a pretty slow melody and softly sung lyrics, which is like being depressed. Then … then it picks up and you can hear more instrumentals and more people singing and it honestly sounds pretty empowering. I feel like this song is more aimed at fixing yourself and picking yourself up than the clear cut translation of the lyrics. Finally, it ends in the gentle way that it started; however, the way it’s sung at the end is more reassuring and is like getting a hug from a friend who is telling you that you will be okay.
It was really difficult choosing a song that is the best song for heart break because there are so many wonderful songs that capture a different aspect of being sad. I chose this one because it’s not about self-pity, revenge or anger, and it’s not about how there is something wrong with you or the person that broke your heart. To me, this song is about how things will get better.
As my dad always says, time heals all wounds.
Happy Thursday and Happy Halloween everyone, have an A1 day!
-Rachel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment