A blog about mundane activities and what songs to do them to!

Our Updates:

Our updates: (Gaetano- Sundays) (Jenna- Tuesdays) (Rachel- Thursdays)

Thursday, November 7, 2013

"No one's ever gonna love you more than I do..."



Hello all! Happy almost Friday!

Today, we will be discussing the best song to fall asleep to.

I don’t know about you, but going to bed is one of the high-lights of my day. Unfortunately, I know many people who suffer from insomnia and find it difficult to fall asleep. Let me tell you, being relaxed is the key to falling asleep. It’s been recently studied that people who think about the future while they fall asleep will have a tougher time, and it is recommended to think about past events. Interesting, huh? Well, I know a great song to help aid your restlessness. “No One’s Gonna Love You” by Band of Horses is perfect for this pick. Do not let the title fool you, it’s a very, very romantic song and the melody is extremely comforting.



Band of Horses is a great band and they are relatively unknown. I find a lot of their songs to be relaxing. They are also great to put on while you do work that needs concentration or that needs a creative spark.

Not only is this a great song, but it’s one of those few songs that you can put on repeat and not get sick of. It almost becomes white noise, but the most soothing kind of white noise. This song has a repetitive melody and is has entrancing lyrics which are really helpful when you're trying to focus on a specific task; in this case it would be falling asleep.

The key to picking a song that will help you fall asleep is to make sure that it does not have a harsh melody that would jar you from relaxing, and also, do not pick a song where the lyrics will cause a severe emotional reaction.

I think this song fits the bill really well. Just listen to it. I have literally stared at my ceiling listening to this song. What do you guys think? 

Take it easy, relax, have a margarita, and, most importantly, have an A1 day!


-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment